Department of Technology
of Information and Communication
Presentation of the department TIC
IT / Telecommunications Convergence within the ICT Department: The ICT department offers 2 sectors, a Telecommunications sector and an IT sector. Because of this proximity, the profile of the telecommunications engineer and the IT engineer at ENIT naturally integrates the necessary convergence of Information and Communication Technologies.
ENIT’s multidisciplinary environment: the specificity of ENIT’s ICT Department’s engineering departments also lies in its proximity to the other engineering science disciplines promoted by ENIT’s other departments and sectors. This unique environment naturally creates a multidisciplinary application culture that is essential to such a profile.
An increasingly strong network Industry-R & D: the Telecommunications and IT sectors – set up in 2000 – are intended to be a response to a growing demand from the national but also international economic fabric, around the profiles of engineers mastering the different facets of Information and Communication. It responds to this through the strong research environment that distinguishes ENIT as the oldest of the country’s engineering schools and has, over time, become embedded in the national and international industrial ecosystem.
La Filière Informatique de l’ENIT a pour objectif de former des Ingénieurs capables de mettre en œuvre des compétences scientifiques, techniques et professionnelles solides.
Engineering training in ENIT's ICT Department is carried out in close collaboration with industry players in the field of ICT and their applications.
Industrialists are thus solicited in a progressive way to:
To give conferences on topical topics in 1st year
Intervene in some courses in 2nd year
Intervene strongly in each 3rd year thematic course
Offer internships, PFA and PFE in relation with their immediate or future interest
This progressive involvement of practicing professional engineers, creates an environment conducive to our training, a training that best meets the immediate and future needs of the ecosystem.
As an international opening, some engineering students realize their IEPs in foreign university or industrial research laboratories.
The department has a number of collaborations with renowned French engineering schools in the form of double Diplomation (DD) or Exchange *:
- IMT Atlantic Brittany-Pays de la Loire (DD with Telecoms)
- Grenoble INP-PHELMA (DD with Telecoms)
- Grenoble INP-ENSIMAG (Exchange with Information)
- INP TOULOUSE-ENSEEIHTENSEEIHT (DD with Telecoms and Exchange with Computer Science)
- Polytech-Nantes (DD with Computing)
* Exchanges are very likely to become DD in September 2018.
The Computer Science Department of ENIT aims to train Engineers capable of implementing strong scientific, technical and professional skills in the field of information technology in particular, and Information and Communication Technologies in general. , to support the needs of organizations and companies in the support of their information systems through the design, implementation, implementation and supervision of different hardware and software architectures.
Given the content of the training and its environment, the Engineer in the IT sector of ENIT is able to adapt to the specificities of different sectors of activity in which it is brought to make its contribution, including:
- Information Systems Engineering within organizations and companies in different economic sectors: administrations, industries, banks, insurance companies, service companies and computer engineering, ...
- Data Engineering responding to a growing demand in different sectors handling gigantic amounts of data: banks, insurance companies, transport companies, telecommunications operators, retailers, ... It requires the implementation of scientific, technical approaches and new technologies to feed decision-making structures for better decision-making and strategic choices for the company.